Quality & Regulatory Specialist - Long Term Care
- Supports planning and execution of the association’s education initiatives
- Member resource for quality and regulatory strategies
- Staff liaison to Professional Development Committee
Director of Professional Development & HH/Hospice Regulatory Relations
- Reviews state and federal policies and regulations and determines impact on the delivery of Ohio health care services
- Staff liaison to Clinical Executive Action Council and Assisted Living special interest group
- Works with state and federal agencies and regulatory bodies
Home Health Conditions of Participation: Regulatory Checklists
LeadingAge developed for members a set of checklists that delineate the requirements of the new home health Conditions of Participation (HHCoPs) published in the final rule and the actions needed to be in compliance. Members can access the checklists HERE.
Immediate Jeopardy (IJ) Citations: What You Need to Know
Side Rail Toolkit
In the 1st quarter of 2017, use of side rails without an assessment, monitoring or orders was cited as an Immediate Jeopardy. The purpose of this toolkit is to provide facilities with guidance about the use and monitoring of side rails.
Side Rail Checklist
- Discuss the list of alternative measures that will be used prior to installing a side/bed rail.
- Update the side/bed rail protocol to include how the facility ensures correct installation, use, and maintenance.
- Discuss the protocol for documenting resident assessment, review of risks, and bed and resident dimensions.
Members can access additional resources including the Accidents QIS tool, Side Rail Usage Assesment, Bed Inspection Policy, Bed Rail Use and Bed Inspection Training PowerPoint and more HERE.
Nursing Home RoP Tools and Resources
We are working to prepare tools and resources for you to use to comply with the new CMS Requirements of Participation (RoPs). LeadingAge and LeadingAge Ohio have contracted with Pathway, a consulting firm, to prepare the basic information you will need to understand the new regulations and update your policies and procedures.
For additional resources regarding the RoPs, visit the Toolkits section of the website.