New Rules May Land You in “Spam Jail”
Gmail and Yahoo policies on spam and mass emails are changing in a big way this week. In response to member questions posed at the Marketing, Communications & Outreach Network, LeadingAge gathered the following resources to help navigate the major changes to DMARC email authentication that begin February 1:
- What is DMARC and why should I pay attention?
- Setting up the DMARC on your domain - This is from Amazon, but offers good information.
- Easy DMARC Domain Checker and another DMARC Overview - This is from a for-profit vendor, but also offers good information.
- What are DMARC, DKIM, and SPF? - This resource explains everything in lay terms.
- View this site for an informative graphic on how DMARC works.
Additionally, LeadingAge Ohio uses Constant Contact as a way to send bulk emails. Constant Contact sent out this information earlier this week to aid customers. If your mass email client has not sent out similar information, LeadingAge Ohio recommends members contact customer support to ensure your organization is Gmail and Yahoo! ready.